Recent Why SERVPRO Posts
Here When You Need Us
What do you do if a water main break floods water into your business in the middle of the night? What do you do when a storm hits and breaks all of your windows and you’re in need of an emergency board up? What do you do when disaster happens to your home or business and you’re the one in charge to pick up the pieces? Nobody thinks a disaster will happen to them. Not many people have an emergency plan for when disaster strikes. That’s why you need a trustworthy and dependable company to be there for you, no matter the time of day.
When disaster strikes, the last thing you need is to stress out about the quality of service being done to your home or business. You want and deserve the best. SERVPRO of East Monroe County always strives to provide the best possible services. No matter the size the damage may be, we will restore your home or business to preloss state.
If you are ever in need of Emergency Service, call us 24/7/365 – (585) 641-0040
We have the Resources you Need
When a disaster strikes, it can happen all over the city of Rochester. That’s why you need a team that has resources on stand-by for multiple large loss disasters. SERVPRO of East Monroe County has more access than ever to the specialized equipment we use in our day-to-day operations.
Our warehouse at SERVPRO of East Monroe County is filled with special tools we use to get the job done, no matter the size. Whether it be dehumidifiers, HEPA-vacuums for air filtration, or air movers to dry your home or business, we have what you need no matter the disaster.
That’s why you can trust that when you call SERVPRO for a water or fire damage, we don’t have to scramble to gather equipment. We just load up our trucks, drive to the site, and get to work making your disaster, “Like it never even happened.” One call cleans them all.
The SERVPRO Standard
As a trusted leader in the restoration industry in Rochester, NY and across the U.S and Canada, we have highly trained technicians that are dedicated to responding faster to any size disaster. We provide 24-hour emergency service and have the training and expertise to hand your restoration and mitigation needs. We are always here to lighten your load and take care of your disaster situation.
At SERVPRO of East Monroe County, our technicians respond quickly, no matter the need. You can depend on us for these services and more:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Air Duct Cleaning
- Carpet Cleaning
- Disinfecting Services
Here at SERVPRO of East Monroe County, one call cleans them all! Call us at (585) 641-0040 for your free estimate today!
A Smoother Claim's Process
If you have suffered a disaster in your home or business, you know how stressful it can be to provide the right documentation and paperwork to your insurance provider. For this reason, SERVPRO of East Monroe County ensures that we make the claims process as stress-free as possible. We work on giving your insurance provider everything they need, so you can get back to focusing on your needs
Our goal is to make the insurance process as smooth as possible. Therefore, we will:
- Create thorough visual and written documentation of your home or business throughout the entire process.
- Document the condition of each item we remove for cleaning or storage
- Submit paperwork to make sure the processing and payment of your claim is as fast as it can be
We work with insurance agents and adjusters on a day to day basis. We understand and will cater to your needs to make the claims process as easy as possible. SERVPRO of East Monroe County is here for you at (585) 641-0040 if you experience any type of disaster.
Free Proactive Disinfecting for all First Responders
So much of our world and daily interactions are still continually being impacted by dealing with the effects of COVID-19. That’s why for the past few months at SERVPRO of East Monroe County, we have made it a focus to offer FREE preventative cleanings to all First Responders.
We have always supported our fellow First Responders: police officers, firefighters, EMTs, nurses etc., and during these unprecedented times we wanted to give back. While they are out there on the front line, unable to hide in their homes or in their offices, we are offering them the peace of mind that their cars, trucks, and stations are disinfected. So, for the past few months and for the foreseeable future, we want to do everything we can to make sure that our first responders can go home without fear of passing something on to their loved ones. We are committed to stand by our first responders and to keeping them safe.
Any first responders interested in scheduling a free disinfecting cleaning, please contact (585) 641-0040.
We are Cleaning Experts
SERVPRO is Here to Help during this time of need
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today – [SERVPRO of East Monroe County, 585-641-0040]
Relocating to Rochester?
Maybe you're moving to Rochester to accept a job. Maybe you're doing it to be closer to your family. Or maybe you just want to experience something new. Whatever the case may be, moving out of state can be really intimidating. It can also be a logistical nightmare if you don't make the proper preparations. Fortunately, there are some relatively simple steps you can take to make your move as smooth as possible. Take a look at these 10 tips for moving out of state.
- Do as much research on Rochester as you can
- Search for a new home
- Use the move as an excuse to purge
- Pack up the things you're going to move properly
- Hire a reliable moving company
- Save all the receipts related to your move
- Forward your mail right before you move
- Let your friends and family know you're moving
- Obtain a new driver's license when you arrive
- Take time to explore your new surroundings
Rochester is a fast-growing city that's teeming with culture, natural beauty and job opportunities. It encompasses a whole lot of open spaces and a little bit of big city. This city boasts almost non-existent crime, great schools, friendly people and easy access to any outdoor activity you could dream of. Who wouldn't want to move here?
SERVPRO of East Monroe County takes Pride in Work
SERVPRO of South-East Monroe County has proudly been serving the Monroe County area, including Pittsford, East Rochester, Brighton, Henrietta, Mendon, and Rochester for over 38 years. In that time, we have gained the trust of hundreds of customers who have faced damage restoration needs due to water damage, fire damage, smoke and soot damage, and mold.
As an IICRC Certified Firm, SERVPRO of South East Monroe County IICRC certified technicians set themselves apart through training, experience, and comprehensive examination. An IICRC Certified Firm must first employ one or more IICRC certified technicians, and apply with the IICRC to become a Certified Firm. Certified Firms are the only cleaning, restoration and inspection companies listed in the IICRC locator. They also promise to adhere to the IICRC Code of Ethics, be current in their business insurance and licensee requirements, and can proudly display the IICRC logo on their company website and vehicles.
Our multiple five-star reviews across various review sites such as Yelp and Google show how seriously SERVPRO of South East Monroe County is dedicated to making it "Like it never even happened."
Call today for exceptional damage restoration service at (585) 641-0040!
For most, the kitchen is the heart of the home, especially during the holidays. From testing family recipes to decorating cakes and cookies, everyone enjoys being part of the preparations. With that being said, keeping fire safety top of mind during this joyous but hectic time is important, especially when there's a lot of activity and people at home. As you start preparing your holiday schedule and organizing that large feast, remember, by following a few simple safety tips you can enjoy time with your loved ones and keep yourself and your family safer.
- Thanksgiving is the peak day for home cooking fires, followed by the day before Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
- In 2015, U.S. fire departments responded to an estimated 1,760 home cooking fires on Thanksgiving.
- Unattended cooking was by far the leading contributing factor in cooking fires and deaths.
- Cooking equipment was involved in almost half of all reported home fires and home fire injuries.
- Stay in the kitchen when you are cooking on the stove-top.
- Stay in the home when cooking your turkey and check on it frequently.
- Keep children away from the stove.
- Make sure kids stay away from hot food and liquids.
- Keep the floor clear so you don't have any slips, trips or falls.
- Keep knives out of the reach of children.
- Be sure electric cords are not dangling off the counter.
- Keep matches and utility lighter out of reach.
- Ensure your smoke alarms are in working condition.
Insurance Agents Choose SERVPRO
Why Many Insurance Agents And Adjusters Use SERVPRO
SERVPRO of East Monroe County has worked with many insurance agents and claim adjusters. We understand your situation. As an agent or adjuster, you have a responsibility to keep claim costs down while providing the best services possible for your clients. Here are a few reasons why so many insurance agents and adjusters trust us:
Fast Emergency Response
Restoring commercial or residential property is the first priority at SERVPRO of East Monroe County. Your insurance client will appreciate our immediate response and you will know we’re doing everything we can to limit the damage and the costs.
Pretesting Reduces Claims Expense
Like insurance agents and claim adjusters, we know restoring property is less expensive than replacing property. Our goal is always to restore whenever possible and replace only when necessary. That’s why SERVPRO of East Monroe County performs pretesting on every loss so we can determine restorability.
Claims Inventory Service
SERVPRO of East Monroe County can provide insurance agents and claim adjusters with an itemized loss inventory. We give you a report and pictures of important items. Your work is made simpler and clearer because we provide you with a complete and accurate picture of the incident.
Serving Adjusters and Your Clients
A SERVPRO of East Monroe County professional's job is to reassure your clients, perform quality service, and report to you quickly. We know your job is to interpret the policy and adjust the claim. We don’t want you to have to deal with problems from vendors. Working with you, we strive to save you time so you can focus on priority files, while having complete control of every loss you’re assigned. We offer you 24-hour emergency response, damage mitigation, loss assessment, and an electronic file within hours. SERVPRO of East Monroe County's documented, measured performance increases value for you, your agency, your managers, and your clients.
Here To Help
The job of SERVPRO is to reassure the customer, provide excellent service and communicate with the insurance agents and adjusters quickly. We work together with the agents to provide quick and effective property restoration and make it “Like it never even happened.” We are a one-stop shop for all of your needs!
Call SERVPRO of East Monroe County. (585) 641-0040
3 Services SERVPRO Provides after Storms
3 Services SERVPRO Provides
Demand for damage mitigation and restoration services spikes after a severe storm in Rochester NY. Insurance agents and adjusters need to be able to rely on a local mitigation and restoration company to provide timely storm response services. Here are three services that make a local SERVPRO franchise the right choice for storm restoration.
1. Disaster Response
No matter how many properties are affected by a storm, a Disaster Response Team can arrive on each location within a matter of hours. Independent mitigation and restoration services are more likely to be backlogged than a national corporation that can dispatch employees and equipment from nearby franchises to areas that have experienced large losses.
2. Mitigation and Cleanup
The initial stage of storm response involves mitigating damage. In the case of structural damage, this may involve boarding up broken windows or breaches in a building envelope or tarping over a damaged roof. Standing water resulting from flood damage should be extracted as soon as possible. A full-service company can ensure that these initial measures contribute toward complete storm restoration.
3. All-In-One Restoration
A company that offers mitigation and restoration services can reduce the workload on insurance agents and adjusters while simplifying the claim process for property owners. Relying on a one-stop shop may make miscommunication less likely, prevent scheduling conflicts and allow for a faster and more thorough restoration job. Depending on a single service also means that the initial estimate is likely to be more accurate.
These storm restoration services set SERVPRO franchises apart from independent companies. The business model means that each location has the backing of a national corporation and the ability to call on nearby locations for additional personnel and equipment. A single estimate from a service that can clean up damage and rebuild a commercial property can also be more convenient for insurance agents, adjusters, and clients.
SERVPRO of East Monroe County is an IICRC Certified Firm
SERVPRO of East Monroe County is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of East Monroe County
SERVPRO of East Monroe County specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your propery.
SERVPRO has the Certifications
Many people ask why they should go with SERVPRO of East Monroe County when needing water damage restoration, fire damage restoration, or mold mitigation over other restoration companies in Monroe county. There are many reasons, but one of the top ones is simple: SERVPRO restoration technicians have expert training and certification in the areas needed to treat water damage, fire damage, smoke and soot damage, and mold damage quickly and effectively.
The restoration professionals at SERVPRO of East Monroe County hold many certifications that are vital to quickly and properly restoring your damaged home or business, whether due to water damage, mold damage, or fire damage. No matter how small or large the job is. After all, you want to get the job done right the first time. Damage to your home or business can be a stressful experience, but when you work with the experts at SERVPRO of East Monroe County, you can rest assured that your water damage, fire damage, mold issues, and smoke and soot damage will be taken care of with as little stress to you as possible. SERVPRO of East Monroe County can also work with your insurance company directly so you can concentrate on your family or business.
Here’s an overview of the various certifications that the damage restoration professionals at SERVPRO of East Monroe County hold. These certifications can assure you that choosing SERVPRO to serve your water damage, fire damage, mold damage, and smoke and soot damage needs in Rochester is the right decision for you and your family.
ASD - Applied Structural Drying Technician - This certification teaches restoration technicians the effective, efficient and timely drying of water-damaged structures and contents. Intensive hands-on training is done in order to facilitate appropriate decision making within actual home structures in order to learn how to correctly dry them down.
ECTP - Employee Certification Training Program - This SERVPRO certification involves crew training course covers topics including roles and responsibilities, job-site processes, core products and SERVPRO equipment knowledge. Additionally, technicians are trained in water training, which covers topics ranging from basic water damage procedures, to an introduction to more advanced topics such as psychrometry and microbiology.
FSRT - Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration Technician - This certification concentrates on the technical procedures for successfully completing the restoration of a fire and smoke damaged environment. Technicians with this certification know how to combine technical procedures with a practical approach to managing the job site.
IICRC Certified Firm - SERVPRO of South East Monroe County is an IICRC Certified Firm, which means several things. IICRC certified technicians set themselves apart through training, experience, and comprehensive examination. An IICRC Certified Firm must first employ one or more IICRC certified technicians, and apply with the IICRC to become a Certified Firm. Certified Firms are the only cleaning, restoration and inspection companies listed in the IICRC locator. They also promise to adhere to the IICRC Code of Ethics, be current in their business insurance and licensee requirements, and can proudly display the IICRC logo on their company website and vehicles.
OCT - Odor Control Technician - Technicians with this certification are knowledgeable about olfaction and odor, odor sources, detection process, theory of odor control, equipment, chemical options and applications. They also know how to address odors caused from biological sources such as decomposition, urine contamination, and mold, combustion sources such as fire and smoke damage, and chemical sources such as fuel oil spills or volatile organic chemicals.
RRP - Lead-Based Paint Activities and Renovation - The EPA’s Renovation, Repair and Painting Rule (RRP) means that SERVPRO of Palo Alto is certified by the EPA (or an EPA authorized state), and that we use certified renovators who are trained by EPA-approved training providers and follow lead-safe work practices.
WRT - Water Damage Restoration Technician - This certification shows that restoration technicians have education in the science and practice of water damage restoration. This includes extraction, basic containment and basic mold procedures. It also means that residential and commercial maintenance personnel have the background to understand the procedures necessary to deal with water losses, sewer backflows, and contamination such as mold.
As you can see, SERVPRO technicians pride themselves on their education and certifications. Their education allows them to take care of your property as if it were their own.
Experiencing water loss, fire loss, mold damage, or smoke and soot? Call SERVPRO of East Monroe County today at (585) 641-0040 24 hours a day! We’ll quickly make it "Like it never even happened."
10 Things to Focus on when dealing with Water Damage
Experiencing a water loss can be a traumatic time for you or your business. In Rochester, New York, we experience all types of water damage situations. We wanted to put together a free guide of 10 things that walks you through the process of what to focus on if you have a water loss in your home or business.
1. Assess the situation: It is critical to look over the situation and see exactly what you are dealing with. It is critical to make sure that you take plenty of photographs of the damage and make sure that the source of what caused the damage is well documented. It is extremely important to make sure you do not walk or enter the water if the power is still on in the home or business. At this time it is proper to check with your insurance company to see what type of coverage you have.
2. Check was is wet throughout the damaged area: Through the use of moisture meters and other devices, you can begin to see what is wet and not wet. It is critical that you map out the damage and affected area. This can be an important part of the documentation process.
3. Begin the water extraction process: The first step after the documentation has begun, is to get the water removed as soon as possible. If the water sits for too long it can begin to create secondary damages. Water can be removed by using portable or truck mount extractors. Portables will take more time, and the truck mounts are much faster and efficient.
4. Begin to remove damaged materials that can not be dried and ventilate enclosed areas: Once all of the water has been extracted, certain flood cuts and other vent holes might be necessary. This is to allow air flow in closed off spaces. If no ventilation is allowed, secondary damage can occur inside the walls. Many times if you are dealing with sewage water, more flood cuts will be necessary. Try to take as many before and after photos as well.
5. Start to place air movers and dehumidifiers throughout the home or facility: The proper amount of equipment is critical when drying out a structure. It is important to make sure that all of the guidelines of the IICRC are followed to insure proper drying times. Be sure to continue to take plenty of photographs of the equipment in place on the job.
6. Monitor the drying process daily: Every 24 hours it is critical to make sure that you are checking the facility to make sure that it is drying. Sometimes there might be a delay in the drying process due to the source of the damage not being corrected. If so it will need to be corrected so proper drying can occur. Be sure to document the drying data each day for accurate records.
7. Remove Equipment: Once the home or building is dry, all of the equipment can be removed. It is important to make sure the right cleaning products are used to clean up the affected area. This will keep other secondary issues from happening as well.
8. Document with more photos: After the job is complete, be sure to document with more photos. This will keep accurate records for your insurance company from start to finish. You can never take too many photos when dealing with a water loss.
9. Begin the reconstruction process: Once everything is dry, you can begin to put the pieces back together. In some cases you might have to hire a contractor to do specific tasked like repair damaged drywall from the water. Be sure to continue to document any and all work on your home or business.
10. Keep complete records on file: After the entire job is complete, be sure to keep all of your records on backup. This can be valuable in case of any secondary damages in the future.
SERVPRO of East Monroe County can handle any water damage job from start to finish. It is critical to make sure you understand the in's and out's of each step mentioned above. SERVPRO has the team and equipment to handle any size job and make sure that it is properly documented along the way. If you have any questions, or need emergency services you can call SERVPRO, 24/7 at (585) 641-0040
We are there 24/7/365
Water Extraction at a Water Damage Cleanup
SERVPRO of East Monroe County provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in our community. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
SERVPRO of East Monroe County always strives to provide the best possible service. No matter how big or small your water damage may be, we have the know-how to restore your home or business to preloss state.
If your home has sustained major water damage, you may feel like your home will never recover. Call the professionals who can fix it "Like it never even happened."
If you have questions about water or fire damage, call us 24/7/365 - (585) 641-0040
We are proud to serve our local communities
F1rst Responder Bowl
SERVPRO is proud to be the sponsor of the first-ever First Responder focused bowl game and we extend a heartfelt thank you to all the brave men and women on the front-lines. Their courage and compassion is inspiring to all. We are grateful to live in a country where individuals dedicate themselves to protecting and serving their fellow citizens. We are humbled by their bravery and thank them for putting their lives on the line in order to save those around them. We thank them for their service and sacrifice.
The game will be played on December 26th, 2018 at 12:30pm at the historic Cotton Bowl Stadium in Dallas, TX and broadcast on ESPN.
If you would like information or tickets, go to the game website First Responder Bowl
Thank you to all our First Responders! Because when we lift up those we depend on, we strengthen our ability to serve - our ability to make the memories of Fire & Water Damage "Like it never even happened." ®
Water Saving Tips
Every state is experiencing the effects of drought, and saving water is on everyone’s mind these days. We waste a lot of water; our showers are too long, and we are often obsessed with an emerald green lawn. We need to change the way we handle and view water and leave behind the outdated and inefficient water management systems of the past.
Here are some tips that will help you save water this summer. Your water bill will be reduced, and you can save yourself some time into the bargain as well as doing some good for the Earth.
- Water your yard in the cool parts of the day. Water evaporates more quickly when it’s hot, so run your irrigation system while it’s most likely to stay with your lawn. Make sure you are not watering your sidewalk or your driveway, too. A drip system works quite well in this respect. Replacing your thirsty lawn with a drought tolerant garden would be a great way to save water, and it won’t have to be mowed every week!
- Check for leaky toilets. Put a few drops of food coloring into the tank. If the color shows up in the bowl, your tank is leaking, and could be wasting up to 100 gallons of water a day!
- Take shorter showers. Trimming just two minutes off of your showers can save up to 1700 gallons of water a year. One way to do this is to turn off the shower while you shave or soap up. Install water-efficient shower heads, toilets, and faucets for a savings of thousands of gallons per year as well.
- Cover the pool. Make sure the water in your pool stays there by covering it when you are not using it. This will prevent water loss by evaporation.
- Use a car wash. Washing your car by hand can easily use 100 gallons of water, and takes a lot of time and effort, as well. Commercial car washes average 40 gallons or less!
- Trap rain water. Collect the water from summer rain storms by getting a water barrel. You can reuse this water for your garden. Green roofs, rain gardens, and other water-saving techniques are called green infrastructure and go a long way towards saving this most precious resource. More and more landowners and city governments are choosing to invest in these and other innovative strategies as ways to save water, reduce pollution, and save millions, and even billions, in costs for new water tanks, tunnels, and other traditional water infrastructures.
SERVPRO of South East Monroe County is here to help you with all your home and business needs. Call us today at (585) 641-0040, or visit our website: SERVPRO of South East Monroe County