OH NO! Not Mold!
The word mold is scary enough, but then... you see it. Does it immediately send chills up your spine? Are you worried about what you can't see? Worried about what type it is? Can it make you sick? There are so many questions and it can be scary.
SERVPRO is professionally trained in mold remediation. We suggest mold testing before and after the remediation process to ensure the air quality is within normal limits. We are proud to say we have over a 99% passing rate.
Now, have you ever thought about how you can prevent mold in the first place?? Well, below is some tips to help.
1. Identify problem areas in your home and correct themyou can't mold-proof your home, but you can make it mold resistant. Check your home regularly. Look for condensation or other wet areas. You may have to end up pulling wet carpet or even repair gutters. Better to pay a little now than a lot later.
2. Dry wet areas immediatelymold cannot grow without moisture. Anything that gets wet should be dried within 24-48 hours.
3. Prevent moisture with proper ventilation check your ventilation systems. Are they working properly? Places like the kitchen, bathroom and laundry room are the high moisture areas.
4. Equip your home with mold-resistant productsif you're building a new home, or renovating, there are mold resistant products like drywall, Sheetrock, or even mold inhibitors for paint.
5. Monitor humidity indoorsthe EPA recommended indoor humidity is between 30 and 60 percent. You can measure the moisture by purchasing a moisture reader form the hardware store. Signs of high humidity is condensation. Be sure to pay attention to window seals, walls and pipes.
6. Direct water away from your home if the ground around your home isn't sufficiently sloped away from the foundation, water may collect there and seep into your crawlspace or basement.
SERVPRO is available to answer your questions. Give us a call and ask away!