Be an Informed Resource
Molds are found in every environment, and mold spores reproduce rapidly when moisture is present. An Institute of Medicine study found excess dampness indoors encourages the growth of molds and other organisms, causing a public health problem. The EPA advised that the potential health concerns from molds are an important reason to prevent moisture problems leading to mold growth. It is especially important to clean up existing indoor mold growth to increase property appeal and retain its value. If a property has experienced a water intrusion, SERVPRO of South East Monroe County can inspect the damage to see whether moisture has penetrated materials or is allowing mold growth.
Control Moisture, Reduce Mold
- Correct any water leaks or standing water.
- Remove standing water under cooling coils or air handling units.
- Properly maintain humidifiers, if used.
- Replace wet or visibly moldy insulation materials.
- Steam cleaning and other methods involving moisture should not be used on any kind of duct work.
- Install a ventilation system.